It’s that day again when all your relatives – who you never knew
existed until today, will call your parents up and ask them how well
you’ve fared. And they’ll gasp, cheer and silently judge you for not
getting as many marks as their child scored in their days. But guess
what? You’ll still survive.
I was always an average student in school, I scored 74% in SSC (That
was considered the ‘worst’ in my family of engineers/bankers), I opted
for Arts (Which again was something none of my cousins had opted for)
and I ended up scoring 68% in my HSC, which was the lowest anybody has
scored in my family of geniuses. But guess what? I’m doing far better
than most of my cousins who scored 98% in their time.
Yes, life may seem unfair, tough and you’ll have to compromise a lot now. You may not get into the college of your choice, you may have to settle down for something that you didn’t expect, but trust me, in the end when you’ll be a graduate, and you’ll be ready to face the ‘market’, you will never be asked or judged on the basis of what I’ve scored in your academics.
Always remember to discover your passion, nurture it and work towards
it. See which subject interests you the most. Don’t opt for science
because your parents asked you to, choosing arts or commerce is no
shame. You’d rather be a good employee than be a bad employee with a
good degree. Show the world HOW you’re different from the others.
And it’s okay if you don’t know what you want to be in life yet, I’m 24
and I’m still unsure about that. As long as you’re moving in a
direction that will eventually lead you there, you’re doing just fine.
So go on, tell your relatives to STFU and party tonight, not because
you didn’t get what you expected, but because it’s Saturday and
Saturdays are not meant to spent with relatives at a 100 meters distance
around you. All the best!




No comments:
Post a Comment